Jean-Gilbert A Paulo
DMD, FRCD(C), Dip. ABOMS
Dr Paulo received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Montreal. After spending invaluable time in New York, Connecticut and Michigan, Dr Paulo completed 7 postgraduate years of education to specialize as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. Anesthesia is an intricate part of OMS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery). Dr Paulo provided general anesthesia and intravenous sedation to over 450 adult and pediatric cases as part of his training to obtain his Detroit Medical Center OMS certification.
As a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery he can proudly serve as a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Canada and the United States. He practices in both Windsor and Leamington offices for the management of complex exodontia, dental implants, maxillofacial infections and pathology. He is also active staff at the hospitals listed below for the management of complex facial trauma, infections, pathology, corrective jaw surgery and reconstructive bone grafting procedures. In order to ensure access to care and minimize patient visits to the Hospital, he has completed the required training mandated by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario to take and prescribe full craniofacial CT scans.
Dr Paulo is an adjunct Professor at the University of Detroit Mercy where he lectures dental students. When he’s not treating patients, Dr Paulo is with his family playing, reading or honing his cooking skills.
Graduate and Postgraduate Education
- University of Montreal – Doctorate in Dental Medicine
- New York Langone Hospital – Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency
- Columbia University – General Practice Residency
- University of Connecticut – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship
- Detroit Medical Center – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- Windsor Regional Hospital – MET Campus
- Windsor Regional Hospital – Ouellette Campus
- Leamington District Medical Hospital – Erie Shores Healthcare