Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with anesthesia.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office to drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of a fever, cough, congestion, shortness of breath, sore throat, upset stomach or bowels, please notify the office prior to your appointment.
- If you take routine oral medications, please review with Dr. Sadek, Dr. Paulo ou Dr. Paterson prior to your surgical date for instructions.